7.19.2014

scenes [7.18.14]

I talk a lot about paying attention to the world around me. I try to see the small, beautiful things that pass me by so often; the detail in plants & animals & how they all work together for this world to exist. It's perfect. To help me remember & to let you see through my eyes, I've decided to do a few post's/week of the things I see throughout the day. There are only a few, but I'll get better about capturing my moments instead of hogging them all to myself :)

I'm a bit of a scavenger/collector & when I find pretty things I like to save them on pages of my many notebooks (i'm a notebook fiend). The other day walking home from the gym I found this pretty feather lying on the ground, so I scooped it up & brought it home with me. Flower pressing is another thing I love. There are a million different varieties & none of them are quite the same, just like us.
Yesterday was a rainy one (as well as today) as I got in the car I was looking at the rain on the windshield & how the light was casting beautiful shadows through the drops.
One of my favorite past times is making bracelets. I have bags & bags of embroidery floss. I always have wrists stacked with bracelets. It's kind of my trade-mark, I guess. I love coming up with different designs & color combos.

This is a scene from the Cannonsburgh Village in Murfreesboro. The sun was setting & it was sprinkling, I was trying to imagine what it would be like to have lived in this village back in the day.

Feel free to start them up yourself!! I'd love to see what things are beautiful in your eyes! Thanks for reading :)

peace+blessings

2 comments:

  1. I love this Court! Now I can stalk you even more ;) jk!! I miss you :) Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. fine with me!!! miss you too!
      love ya mountains!

      Delete