7.22.2014

peanut flour pb cookies

It seems that I'm now a chef....or just lame & I haven't done anything cool in a few days. Either way I have a new yummy recipe I tested out today.

First I'd like to introduce my new favorite product. Peanut Flour (angels singing in the distance)
This super flour has 16g of protein & 4g of fat per serving, plus it's gluten free! You can also re-constitute the flour with a little water & salt to make peanut butter. I'm sure adding a little oil would make it even better (it will obviously add more fat though)
I was having the sister missionaries over for dinner & I needed a good dessert recipe.  I really wanted to use my new flour! Luckily there was a recipe right on the package!
I'm not much of a sweets/cookie person but these were really good! (of course they were, they have peanut butter in them)
I've always liked how peanut butter cookies have the fork marks. Who came up with that?

Triple Peanut Butter Cookies:

1 1/4 c. brown sugar
1 c. peanut butter (crunchy or creamy)
2 eggs
1 c. protein plus peanut flour
1/4 c. chopped roasted peanuts
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. vanilla
1/8 tsp. salt

heat oven to 350 F. In a medium bowl, beat together brown sugar & peanut butter with a wooden spoon. Beat in 1 egg at a time, mixing well after each addition. Mix in peanut flour, peanuts, baking soda, vanilla, & salt. 

Roll dough into 1 1/2-inch balls. Place balls two inches apart on a cookie or baking sheet lined with parchment paper or foil. Use a fork to make criss-cross marks on tops of cookies & to flatten to about 1/2-inch thickness. Bake 10 minutes or until cookies are just set. Transfer cookies (still on parchment or foil) to a wire rack; cool completely. (Cookies will firm up upon cooling.)

Optional add-ins: if desired, stir 1/2 cup semisweet or bittersweet chocolate chips, &/or golden raisins or dried cranberries into the dough. 

There are lots more yummy recipes to use this delicious flour with, just go to proteinplusflour.com


peace+blessings




4 comments:

  1. These look way good Court! How did Brady like them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He liked them, but he said that I cooked them too long & they tasted like the burnt crumbs in the bottom of our oven.....this is why I don't EVER bake. So I guess that means he didn't like them?? I liked them though & I scarfed them down so fast!!

      Delete
    2. I want to make them again when we come back so mom can try them since she's the pb cookie queen!

      Delete
  2. Love all your blogs! Also love P'Nut butter cookies. Keep having fun!

    ReplyDelete