6.22.2015

Yard Sale

This weekend we decided to have a yard sale! We'd been wanting to have one for awhile but everyone's schedules (ok...MY schedule) make it a tad difficult to find free time. This weekend cleared up because my Vernal baby shower was pushed back to next weekend so it was the perfect time! I dug through my crap & even organized my dungeon (basement) to gather everything that could be sold! I filled up my entire car & couldn't even fit the furniture I wanted to sell, which was 2 end tables & a TV.

When I arrived in Vernal I was dying for a Sno Biz shaved ice. Ooh shaved ice is my fave! So Ty & I headed over to the little stand in the middle of town & indulged ourselfs in a big cup of sugar flavored ice! I'm stuck on a combo of pineapple, coconut, & lime right now. I get it EVERY TIME. 

That evening we got everything ready for the next morning. We woke up bright & early, got our signs up, stuff out, & we were ready to go! 
My mom even set up her bow stand that her & Rachel ran at the farmers market last year! 
We had lots of fun hanging out & talking with people who came by. We of course had fun playing with Rose. She is always the center of attention. I love that girl!! 
All 3 of us (my mom, Rachel, & I) put things into the yard sale. We kept track of whose items sold so we could divy the funds up in the end.
Last year I had a huge yard sale at home & in Vernal. My mom & sis put a few things in that one too. I made over $350 just with my stuff in those two yard sales so my "stuff" supply was very limited this time. 
We all managed to make almost the exact same amount of about $100 each!! I'm happy with that, especially since we have a baby coming soon & I'm not going to be working! Every drop counts & diapers are NOT cheap. Sheesh!
Col, Ty, & I HAD to hit up Sno Biz one more time. It's so hot & dry here that it's sucking the life out of me & my built in parasite is making me a living furnace the last weekish so eating a frozen treat is a MUST! 
I was going to head back home after the yard sale on Saturday but my cars break lights are out & I had to stay so that the body shop could order my part. It gets here tomorrow morning & then I'll be off back to my hubbs!!

Today is also Father's Day & I felt pretty lucky that I got to spend it with my dad. B & I got him a card that looked like a popcorn bucket & said something funny about being the best "pop". We included a couple movie tickets to go with it too!! He LOVED it & everyone else's gifts & cards! I'm so grateful for my dad. I know everyone says their dad is the very best & I'm no different. He is a great example to me in so many ways. He is hard working, I've literally never seen someone work as hard as he does. He is a strong member of the church. He is super cute with Rose & I can't wait to see him with Jax!! He's an awesome grandpa!! I love you dad! Thanks for everything!



 My girl Rose & I also had a photo shoot/dance party this morning while I was doing her hair. She is my favorite & I can & will never get enough of her. I can't wait till Jax gets here & she can kiss him as much as she kisses my belly!
We ended the day with a good game of Risk (Father's choice). It's my dad's favorite game & he usually smokes the pants off of everyone...except today. He smoked the pants off of me & then was the next person to loose! 
I gave Ty a little too knot & got some evidence (& even a little smirk) so I have to document this gargantuan piece of treasure.

Happy Father's Day to all you father's out there! I hope you're day was fantastic. 













1 comment:

  1. OH gee what a flattering picture of me! haha! It was a fun weekend :) I'm glad that you came

    ReplyDelete