6.12.2015

Little Peterson

Brady & I will be welcoming a new little man into our family in a few weeks so I figured it was time to put all my progress photos in one place. In the beginning I was awful about taking photos but lately I've been really good (you can actually tell a difference now anyway)


During Thanksgiving dinner we put these little print-outs I designed in envelopes & passed them out to my family. We had them open it & read it at the same time. Needless to say, everyone was REALLY excited! Since Brady's family is a heck of a lot bigger than mine, we had one of his brothers read it aloud right before we dug into our big meal. The outcome was the same & everyone was really excited for us!


We weren't ready to announce our growing family to the world yet, so for Christmas I designed another print-out to put in with our cards for our extended family. 

Finally in January we decided to tell the world! All of our friends were VERY excited for us & full of kind words.
Jan.17.2015=14 weeks
This was my first "bump" photo...shortly after I lost all my appetite & a whopping 10lbs!


Feb.7.2015=17 weeks
I was lucky that I didn't get too bad of morning sickness. First thing in the morning I would wake up & take anti-nausea meds. They worked wonders on me! I was able to feel good all day until it would wear off at night. I even went to my gym classes still!! Thank you medicine.

Feb.28.2015=20 weeks
A few days after this picture we found out we were having a little man...he wasn't shy AT ALL & there was no mistaking he was a dude. We threw a fun reveal party & had everyone bite into their blue frosting filled cupcakes at the same time to find out the gender. I really appreciated all the support from our family & friends who came.

Mar.7.2015=21 weeks
A few of us from Brady's family took a fun trip to Vegas to watch the WCC (West Coast Conference) to watch BYU. Brady is an avid fan. We got to soak up some rays in the hot sun & boy, was that nice!! It was also my birthday while we were Vegasing it up so, of course, I got the royal treatment from Brady. He bought me 2 new pairs of Nikes, (Yes, I'm 100% Nike snob) a bunch of other clothes, & some delicious sushi! I chose my husband well.
Mar.21.2015=23 weeks
After we found out that we were having a boy the time seemed to slow down & dddrrrrraaaaggggg. There wasn't another milestone for awhile so I occupied myself with shopping instead!
April.4.2015= 25 weeks
I was still able to lift & run just as much as I was pre-pregnancy. I feel like it helped me feel good & stay in shape. When the time comes to push this babe out I know all my hard work will pay off!


April.18.2015=27 weeks
While I was getting ready for my friend's baby shower I snapped a pic of my 27 week old bump. After I put my shirt on it kinda hid all the bumpiness. I had a lot of fun at the shower & it made me really excited for my own! Vanessa is having a boy too & we've had a great time chatting about our little rascals throughout our pregnancies.
April.25.2015=28 weeks
At my 20 week appointment I had some partial placenta previa, which is where the placenta covers the cervix. It happens quite a bit early in pregnancy, so they check again at 28 weeks by ultrasound to see if it moves out of the way. Luckily mine moved! Those whose don't move deliver a few early by c-section. At this time my left leg was starting to really bother me & it was getting hard to walk. By the end of the week I went to the ER & they found a blood clot going from my upper thigh up into my belly. The doctors couldn't see the top of the clot because the baby was in the way. I had a procedure done to break-up & get rid of the clot. I had to stay overnight in the hospital & everything. I guess it was good practice for when I deliver! I now have to wear compression socks that go all the way up to my bum & give myself shots of blood thinner in my stomach twice a day.
May.9.2015=30 weeks
A week after my hospital visit I was walking great again & a few days after this I was even back at the gym. I count my blessings that the clot didn't spread to my lungs or cause any harm to my little parasite. My mom & sister also came out to help me after I'd come back home to help me clean & take care of me. Thank goodness for them! I appreciated everything they did & I didn't mind the company either! Earlier this week was Brady & my 4th anniversary. Dang! If we can put up with each other for 4 years, we are set for eternity!! Brady spoiled the crap out of me as usual by taking me to IKEA to pick out things for the baby room. We got a crib, dresser, & a changing table, plus a few other little things. Then we went home & put it all together!! It looks great & it made everything a little more real.

May.16.2015=31 weeks
Classic Courtney snapchat. This was really taken on the 13th (hence the 1/2 in the photo) but my OCD makes me put every date as my Saturday turnover date for organizational reasons. 
May.23.2015=32 weeks
Earlier in the week I saw my pulmonary dr. & she gave me the good new that I'd only have to be on blood thinners during every pregnancy instead of my whole life because I didn't have a certain clotting factor in my blood (I do have SOME luck). My sister Rachel & my mom threw me a wonderful shower where I live. Some friends came & even though it rained we still had a great time! It crazy all the things you need for a baby. Expensive little things. Showers are a life saver & I loved everything I received!

May.30.2015=33 weeks
We had a doc appointment the week before & everything was going well! My sister-in-law that lives right by us had her baby on the 28th. Holding her & going to see them in the hospital made me really excited. I'm having a hard time waiting lately because it's getting so close! My mom bought me this amazing stroller & I wanted to test it out, so Brady &  I took our niece Brooklyn on a little stroll around the block while her mom was taking care of her new sister at home. The stroller was awesome & it even came with a car seat & car seat base. The car seat clicks into the stroller like a breeze. It's going to be getting a lot of miles.
June.6.2015=34 weeks
Besides the fact that it was National Donut Day the day before, Brady's cousin also was married. We went on a little road trip back to the Ol Home Town for the reception. Then stayed for Brady's oldest brother to bless their new little boy Maddox who was born May 13th. He is a cutie!! I was able to give him lots of love during the dinner afterward. We had another dr. appointment Monday. Everything is still going great. The doctor was very surprised at how much I haven't gained. He asked where I hid all my food haha! He had us make an appointment for a growth check ultrasound at my 36 appointment just to make sure. Brady & I love ultrasounds so it was good news for us! We also had Part 1 of our Prenatal Class. We learned a lot of info & I'm excited for part 2 next week. 
June.13.2015=35 weeks
This week we have our 2nd Prenatal Class. I'm looking forward to learning more terminology & what to expect when we go to the hospital. The last few days I've packed my hospital bag, the diaper bag, & bought the essentials,  just to be ready in case he wants to join us early. I'm trying to enjoy these last few baby free weeks all while failing miserably at getting caught up on my sleep. The gym still keeps me sane & happy. It's going to be hard to stay away after our dude arrives.



STATS TO DATE

Total weight gain: almost 9 lbs
Maternity Clothes? Nope, I still fit into most of my pants
Stretch Marks? I think there is one on one of my boobs...but nowhere else. 
Sleep: Crappy, around 4-5 I get up to go to the bathroom & I have a really hard time going back to sleep. 
Miss Anything? Lots of things: not wearing compression socks, not taking shots twice a day, not having aching ribs all day, ab work-outs & other exercises I have to modify, sleeping on my back, 95% of my shirts, my small boobs, bending over/squatting down, easily putting shoes on...especially sandals. I could go on but I'll stop here.
Movement: Oh goodness, all day long. He is a right-sider, he jabs me in the rib, side, everywhere, endlessly. I love his wiggles but they have started to hurt pretty bad sometimes.
Food Cravings: If I could indulge in my cravings I would eat pizza, mac & cheese, & hot cheetos....but since I'm lactose intolerant I save myself the calories & illness. I really like bacon & BBQing but I don't crave it. I'm still obsessed with watermelon! At the beginning of my pregnancy I couldn't get enough subway sandwiches & just sandwiches in general. I ate a lot of tomatoes for awhile & I still do. 
Gender: BOY! 
Labor Signs: Lots of Braxton Hicks. They are especially bad when I'm doing cardio.
Belly Button In or Out: It's flush with my stomach now, but I don't think it'll push out any further.
Wedding Ring On or Off? On
Happy or Moody? It depends, mostly happy, but I can snap & get annoyed pretty fast.
Looking Forward To? Our ultrasound in a week & a 1/2, Prenatal class next Tuesday, my Vernal Baby Shower in a couple weeks, seeing what this little guy looks like.  



1 comment:

  1. I love this post!! I seriously can't believe you are so close! You look great!! :)

    ReplyDelete