6.15.2015

Typography Design Series: Handouts

I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints (AKA: LDS), a few weeks ago I was put into the Releif Society presidency as the secretary. One of my secretarial duties is to make flyers. It's times like these when it's reiterated into my brain that the Lord knows what he is doing when he gives promptings for callings. I LOVE MY CALLING. For me, I'd love to do this crap all day! Having a reason to make little hand-outs, flyers, newsletters, etc...only makes me a happier person.

This was my most recent hand-out. Since the church only has a B&W printer I couldn't add any color, but no problemo! There is nothing wrong with a little B&W!
 These next two I designed from a pinterest idea (of course, right??) for birthday handouts for the sisters in the ward. We glued a chapstick to "you're the balm" & tied a little whisk to the "whisking you the very best of birthdays" one.


 Last week was our June activity. The sisters did Christmas in June & made little ornaments that had a picture on one side & a chalk paint on the other! I couldn't attend this time because the hubbs & I were in our Prenatal class, not to be confused with Birthing Class. We don't do breathing techniques, it's just information about everything that will go on at the hospital, signs of labor, signs of problems, when to call your doctor, & lots more! I really enjoyed the first part & I'm excited for the second part tomorrow! Another plus is that the nurse who teaches the class was my overnight nurse when I was in the hospital for my blood clot. THE. SWEETEST. WOMAN. ALIVE. I'm begging the doc to induce me on a day she is working hehe! I have a good chance, they like me!


Like my designs? Contact me for your own personal hand-outs in the comments or by email: courtneypeterson5611@gmail.com

Thanks for reading!!

No comments:

Post a Comment