6.24.2015

Little Peterson: 36 Weeks





June.19.2015 36 weeks
Over the weekend I was able to go to Vernal & help with a yard sale at my parents' house. I had a fetal growth ultrasound on Monday (6/22/15). Jax has a small skinny head like his mom, it's only measuring 32 weeks...the ultrasound tech said that wasn't even on the chart HA. His body is measuring 36w5d, & his legs are measuring 37w3d. There is nothing wrong with long legs (except they are always stuck up in my ribs)! The tech had a really hard time finding fluid though, she only found one pocket & it was mostly full of umbilical cord! I didn't see the doctor to go over the results until Tuesday (6/23/15) so I was pretty nervous because that can be a big deal.

After the ultrasound appointment Brady & I celebrated Father's Day like a boss & went shopping. Brady got a new pair of shoes for work, swim trunks, & another white shirt for church. Poor guy goes through them like toilet paper. Yellow pits for days! I got a couple pair of sandals, a skirt. We also grabbed some material to make an infinity scarf nursing cover, & a DIY Moby baby wrap. I'm excited for Brady to sew them up for me...I have ZERO sewing skills. I can in fact sew a straight line, but I can't thread the machine so I haven't made them yet. #wifefail

The next day at my appointment when I brought up the ultrasound the Dr. said it wasn't a big deal. He also said I didn't have to switch blood thinners THANK GOODNESS!  I was NOT looking forward to giving myself THREE shots instead of 2. He said that 48 hours before my induction date I will stop taking the medicine, go in, have the baby, then get back on the medicine for 6 more weeks. I had to do my StrepB test & they checked me for the first time. I'm not dilated yet but his head is down (it's been down almost the entire time) & so hopefully he drops soon!..My wishful thinking.

When I left I was still a little nervous about the low levels of fluid so I called thinnest day & asked for a second opinion. The other Dr. that looked at the results said she wanted me to come in to have another ultrasound at my appointment next week to check again, then do a NST (non-stress test) where the nurse hooks you up to a machine to monitor the baby's heart rate for 20 minutes to see if he's under any stress. I was grateful that I had someone re-check. Even if they had given me the same answer, peace of mind would be there.

This weekend is my Vernal baby shower that my mom-in-law is throwing for me. I'm excited! Showers are so much fun & both our families are VERY giving! I love having everyone together too.


STATS TO DATE

Total weight gain: I've hit 10 lbs
Maternity Clothes? still fitting into my pants, they aren't comfy so I mostly wear flowy pants or capri leggings because I don't have any shorts & it's flipping HOT outside.
Stretch Marks? Nothing on the belly
Sleep: Eh, enough. I get really tired & I've taken a few naps. My body wakes up too early
Miss Anything? I miss being able to cross my legs, & sit up straight. I especially miss going to the movies, it's too uncomfortable lately.
Movement: Always. Since the ultrasound I'm trying to keep better track of his movement. He definitly thinks bedtime is playtime though.
Food Cravings: Not really. My mom fed me too good over the weekend & I finally made a little bit of a gain. 
Gender: BOY! 
Labor Signs: Braxton Hicks rule my life still. It's getting really hard to finish Turbo class. I think the last 20 minutes of class was a constant contraction. Ouch!
Belly Button In or Out: In
Wedding Ring On or Off? On
Happy or Moody? Happy mostly
Looking Forward To? My baby shower this weekend, Brady's overnight softball tournament, as well as the Peterson family reunion (We are going boating!!), my cousin's farewell on Sunday, & my Dr. apt on Monday. Ya, we're busy people.

1 comment:

  1. Brady is doing the overnight tourney now? I thought he wasn't ha! That's cool though :) I'm excited for your shower this weekend, well Friday, too!

    ReplyDelete