5.23.2013

Ginger Tuna Burgers w/ Sweet Coconut Wasabi Sauce

I was having a hard time deciding what I wanted for dinner tonight & I was racking my brain to think of something not chicken related. You see, I'm a picky person when it comes to meat, and how food is cooked. Basically I only eat chicken & fish (never.ever.ever fried) & the occasional quality steak, oh & turkey of course. I looove to make black bean burgers but I wasn't feeling it tonight, that's when the idea of a tuna burger popped into my mind. I looked up a quick, simple, base recipe then I searched around for a certain taste I wanted to bring out. I decided on Ginger Tuna Burgers w/ Sweet Coconut Wasabi Sauce. Yes, I made that up...

I tweaked the base recipe a little by adding ginger powder (I think real ginger I would've been better but I didn't have any) I also didn't have any oats so I blended up some almonds to make a flour (gluten free) to hold the mixture together. Then formed them into patties, sprayed Pam on foil on a cookie sheet, & baked them for 25 mins @ 450 degrees.

To top the burgers you need:
1 sweet onion cut into medium thick sliced & pan grilled whole.
1 Roma tomato thinly sliced
Spinach leaves or any leafy green
Cilantro I love topping tons of my dishes with a pinch of cilantro it has such a bold flavor that you can't go wrong by adding it

While the burgers were baking I made the Coconut Wasabi Sauce.

 

I used:

1tbsp Wasabi Paste depending on your level of spice tolerance you can add more or less I used more so the 1tbsp would prob be in between mild & medium(I made my own from powder, pre made is great too)

1/4 c. Coconut Milk

2tbsp soy sauce

1/2 pk sweetener or 1tsp sugar

Directions: mix the coconut milk & wasabi paste till smooth. Add soy sauce & sugar. Stir. Taste test to see if you want a sweeter or saltier flavor.

I thought that chips & fresh, homemade salsa would go perfect with this, naturally, since chips & my homemade salsa is my biggest weakness, so of course it was the perfect pair.

 

The burgers turned out fantastic. They met & exceeded my thoughts for them!

What would you pair your tuna burgers with??

 

6 comments:

  1. I can't wait to try these. They look amazing. I think you paired the tuna burger with the perfect side dish. I will let you know how they turn out for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made these tonight it was fast and easy, but most important they were so good. I will be adding this to my repeat recipe's. thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you liked them :) that makes my day!

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete