5.14.2013

Best Green Smoothie Base

Everyday after my workout I whip up one of these bad boys and drink up. Some people I've talked to about spinach drinks, or green smoothies have tried them but ended up absolutely hating them! I have found the perfect 'basefor any GREEN drink. 

1/2 frozen banana {I keep a bunch in the freezer after they've ripened and pop em' in the microwave for 15 seconds or so before I plop it in the blender}
1/2 green apple {these are the key ingredient in combo with any spinach/kale based drink. They coat the 'green' taste & make the drink just taste like a crispy apple!} 
2{ishcups spinach {or kale or whatever green you choose. I prefer spinach the most.} 
Throw it all in the blender. Along with a
Handful of ice cubes &
1-1 1/2 c. water 

Then blend until it looks smooth & free of spinach pieces. 
Viola!! Then drink up!
There are lots of other things I like to add to my smoothies. Here's a surplus of other things you can add to make your drink bigger & badder...
 any berry {strawberry, blueberry, raspberry, blackberry...}
any fruit {try: mango, pineapple, orange, peaches...}
carrots
celery
flax seed {chuck full of omega-3's
chia seed
fat free greek or regular yogurt {for a creamier taste}
protein powder {adding this would turn this into the perfect meal replacement}
There are lots more options out there but here is a few good ideas to get you started and feeling great! Maybe even shed a few lbs for the summer!!

No comments:

Post a Comment