7.27.2013

Historic Old Courthouse

This morning after my weekly Yoga Under the Arch activity I decided to go check out the Old Courthouse across the street. Inside the restored Courthouse there was this glass/plastic model (I didn't touch it so I'm not sure what its made of) that I though was pretty cool. 
On display through the end of August were beautiful paintings by Bryan Haynes. The set is called TREES/WATER/SKY- A Walk Through Missouri. I took a couple snaps of my favorites. I love the color of the trees. Wow...seriously. 
This one had beautiful detail. I really liked all of his art, the paintings told the story of expanding Missouri & how men took over the Indians' land & built a city in their place. 
I climbed the old spiral staircase to the 2nd & 3rd...& small 4th floor. 
On the 2nd floor was the courtroom the Dred Scott case was held in. The detail in the pillars, stairs, judges seat & everything was gorgeous!

An old car on display
My favorite part of the Courthouse was the ceiling. There were paintings & beautifully carved crown molding & the colors were exquisite!
Next week I'll be going to a few more museums! I have to squeeze them all in before we have to go back to Utah. 






1 comment:

  1. So glad you are taking in all the attractions. Great pictures.

    ReplyDelete