6.24.2013

The 5-star Lounge

Has anyone ever been to a 5-Star Lounge at a movie theater? Well, I had my first experience in one Saturday night. Brady got home a little early from work so we decided to go see Man of Steel. When we got there the only showing was in a 5-Star,  21+, Lounge so we bought the tickets. $16 a piece!! Woe, seriously?? I could buy the movie (blu-ray combo pack + digital download+ dinner while we watch it) for less than the 2 tickets we purchased. Sheesh. We were ushered in by a real usher & shown out assigned seats.
The usher showed us how to work our seats. Which reclined...
And my most favorite part...they were heated!!
I'm always so cold in movies, this sold me.
To top off the 5 Star experience, we were shown menus with loads of incredibly over priced, greasy (probably really gross) theater food...that lit up
There was no way on earth I was paying $5.50 for a drink so it's a good thing we always stock my purse before a movie ;).
A few minutes later a waitress came around to see if we needed any drinks or food but we declined.

The movie was great! Very beautifully filmed in all the country & flashback scenes. I DID like staying warm throughout the movie, putting my feet up, & not having someone's head blocking half the screen...but...I really think for the price of the tickets that we should have got a complimentary something. I don't think I'd ever go the 5 Star route again but it was fun to do it once!!


1 comment:

  1. Sounds fun. But I agree overpriced and nothing complimentary.

    ReplyDelete