8.11.2013

Art Museum

Last week, for my Saturday activity,  I explored the Saint Louis Art Museum
There were so many beautiful pieces of history there
There was a whole section on the Asian Era with loads of pottery & Buddah statues. Oh how I love Buddah stuff!
Old jewelry.
Walking around really made me think & appreciate how much detail, time & hard work handcrafting these artifacts would take. 
This was all painted by hand. The ancient people were very dedicated.
These are from Mexico. From the Mayan empire I believe...
 It's very interesting how each different group of people's had different styles of portraying themselves, yet you can see a connection in it all. 
The museum had a more modernish section with furniture & other artifacts from the 1800's- 



And a modern art section. This painting is called sightseeing, how appropriate :)




These were just a few of my favorite parts of the museum. I'm so glad I went! History is so important & has built our societies & cultures we have today. I had a great time traveling through time at the art museum!!
















No comments:

Post a Comment